Monday, January 12, 2009

Real life sucks

I went to my job interview tipsy today in reaction to getting laid off. Not a smooth when you're trying to look professional. Getting into the elevator with another girl who was obviously also headed to the office, we both rode up until the doors opened and she got off. Still thinking I had a couple more floors and she was confused, I stayed in the elevator. The doors closed and the elevator didn't move; the doors opened and two guys were standing there. Looking at me oddly, they asked where I was going. "To the fifth floor," I answered in my duh-tone of voice. "Well, miss, you're on the fifth floor." I had to walk out of the elevator sheepishly and see the girl who I had been riding with standing at the front desk, probably wondering why I had just stood in the elevator alone for a minute. I told everyone I had a cold and was taking cough medicine to explain my loopy-ness.

On another note, I'm twenty seven, have two degrees (three if you count my EFL certificate), and am unemployed. What the hell am I going to do?

1 comment:

  1. Keep 'em guessing! I bet they want to hire someone with such intrigue. And if not, you can claim that where you are from, they usually don't have fourth floors- it's bad luck.

    ReplyDelete